Monday, March 21, 2011

Denace the Menace goes "there"



What is the comic’s page coming to? First we learn that Jon only changes Garfield’s litter box once a week and now we find out that in addition to being a menace, Dennis likes to fart in the bathtub while his mother bathes him. His expression suggests that he's very proud of himself. It's kind of passive-aggressive don't you think so? I think it’s funny when a normally mill toast cartoon suggests that its characters have bodily functions. I’m waiting for the day that someone steps in Marmaduke’s dog shit or when Billy pees in his bed. Fear not blog readers, when that day comes (fingers crossed) I’ll be all over it.

5 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I love this, it's a great capture of something every kid discovers at some point. Kudos to them for being bold enough to acknowledge it.

DKC said...

Yeah. I still don't need to see it.

Jordan said...

I hate Dennis the Menace, Family Circus, Hi and Lois, and every other one of those awful strips. All of that stuff is just the background contrast that makes Peanuts, Doonesbury, Calvin & Hobbes, Pogo, Krazy Kat, and all the other good ones look even better.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Don't forget The Far Side Jordan!

That's the funniest Dennis the Menace I've ever come across, possibly the only one to ever make me laugh.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Also is that a toilet in the background? It reminds me of the Brady Bunch movie when the neighbor remarked that six children share a bathroom with no toilet.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...