Friday, March 18, 2011

Garfield finally goes "there"



Yep, it’s true, I pour over the comics page each day with the intensity of a conservative Jew reading the Torah. Many times I have spoken about my disgust over the lame-ass comic strips that are served up these days. Saying that these things are “phoned in” would be an insult to phones. Every once in a while I am surprised when a comic strip dares to veer into (slightly) edgier material. This is the first Garfield strip I can ever recall that alludes to Garfield’s cat shit. Sorry that the picture is so dark, I took it with my iPhone in lighting that only be compared to that of a monk practicing religious asceticism in a cave with a single candle.

10 comments:

JPX said...

It's difficult to read but the last box says, "If you'd clean my litter box every day, it wouldn't be so bad!"

Yuck.

DKC said...

GAH! Yeah, that's gross.

Octopunk said...

This reminds me of this pair of haikus from the Pets topic a while ago:

When it's Cats v Dogs
It all comes down to the poop
Blah litter box blah

What I wanna know:
A box of shit IN your house
How is that a win?

Next I hope there's a Garfield in which being "fixed" is discussed.

JPX said...

I have an interesting Dennis the Menace that I will be posting soon.

Catfreeek said...

Bah, I'll be impressed when they discuss Odie eating from the litter box.

Octopunk said...

Again with the dogs eating poop! That was your first point in the Cats v Dogs haiku battle I was just scrolling through! You're obsessed!

Catfreeek said...

But it's true! Dogs are much grosser than cats.

DKC said...

HAHAHA, Freeek! Sad but true!

50PageMcGee said...

another shining example of a garfield comic that'd be funnier if it were a "garfield without garfield" comic.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Omigod 50P, I can't believe I didn't consider that but you're so right!

Also here's my stance on the cat/dog debate. I got tricked into a 2nd cat (I didn't want) but Jameson is totally cool and I wouldn't trade him for anything. Rowan still despises him (it's been 8 months) but she limits her hostilities to the occasional hiss and slap in the face. But they're both very easy to take care of and they're highly entertaining.

Still, if push came to shove and I had to choose which animal went extinct I would side with the dogs. It definitely depends on the dog though. If I had the room/lifestyle I would love a dog that could carry my shit on hikes.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...