Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Free-Write Wednesdays (is that what we're going to call it now?) Winnah!



This week's hump-day winning entry was actually an ensemble effort. The prize goes to AC -- but I have to give additional credit to Octo and JSP for the peanut-gallery hurdles they threw in AC's way.

It started off with a simple query by AC:

"great topic, but can we comment anonymously? i'm not sure i want my true-life junk stories to be linked to my blog identity! unlike the admirable 50p, i don't have the sack for that level of self-disclosure."

Her double entendre use of the word "sack" makes this a viable FWW entry, even though she wasn't intending it to be so.

Octo replies:

As ad-hoc presenter, I say yes!

AC's official winner came next, anonymously:

I screw my patients
It's a psychologist perk

And good therapy


Great entry just based on its merits as haiku, but the transparency of immediately going "anonymous," while flagrantly identifying herself as one of the three licensed therapists at Horrorthon, puts this on the level of transcendent brilliance.

JSP put the cherry on top by completely blowing AC's cover with the very next post.

This wasn't just free-writing, it was performance art -- and with audience participation. Whatever. It was my favorite part of the thread and it happened immediately.

Honorable mention for this one from Stan:

Misleading title
Neither word applicable
Stupid Naked Lunch


You could almost imagine Stan sitting there thinking, "Shit. No nudity? Oh well, at least there's lunch...Oh, come *on* now!"

Dis-honorable mention goes to JSP and Freeek for reminding us how grody it is when people don't trim their pubes. Won't be reprinting either one here because they're both grody.

...so how long was Octo stuck in DCD's car with his tunk hanging out?

4 comments:

50PageMcGee said...

bonus points to anyone who knows where "tunk" comes from.

AC said...

i don't know what tunk is, but i do know jsp actually wrote the winning haiku, posing as me... so who has the responsibility for tomorrow's topic? i'm thinking jsp, right?

Octopunk said...

Oh my GOD that is fucking hilarious. I totally thought AC wrote that, too. Now I'm not sure who's funnier, I'm surrounded by so many geniuses.

I know where "tunk" comes from, but 50 knows I know and knew I know when he wrote it, so, you know...

I guess it has to be JSP's game, then. Performance art, indeed. I applaud you, suh!

Catfreeek said...

I was seriously wondering about that, it so sounded like a JSP thing. Well done. I have no idea where tunk is from either.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...