Saturday, April 16, 2011

The first still from 'Shark Night 3D" shows promise


From worstpreviews, Relativity Media just sent us the first photo from the upcoming "Shark Night 3D," giving us a look at Sara Paxton (Last House on the Left) coming face-to-face with a shark.

The story revolves around seven men and women who spend a weekend at a lake house in Louisiana's Gulf area. When their vacation quickly becomes a nightmare of hellish shark attacks, unheard of in freshwater lakes, they soon discover that the sharks are part of a sick, greedy plan on the part of several locals.

In addition to Paxton, the new movie stars Dustin Milligan (Slither), Chris Carmack ("The OC"), Joel David Moore (Avatar) and Katharine McPhee (The House Bunny). It is directed by David R. Ellis (Snakes on a Plane) and is set to hit conventional and 3D theaters on September 2nd.

5 comments:

Octopunk said...

Hmm. Shark attacks are unheard of in fresh water because the sharks' cells would burst without salt water. So I wouldn't be too worried if I were those people.

Also, that shark cage is horribly designed.

JPX said...

Eh, details. I don't need logic in my animals run amok movies - heck, I"d watch a movie about swimming pool shark attacks! Hmmm, maybe I should create it, I could call it, "Don't go in the Deep End"....

DKC said...

Is she supposed to have been put in the shark cage without any scuba gear? Like, is that one of the evil ways the bad guys are trying to kill them? Because what if she just drowned before the shark attacked...?

Sorry to throw some more logic in there, JPX!

Octopunk said...

I think you just answered my first complaint.

"No, ma'am, you don't need scuba gear. When you're out of air, just swim through one of the conveniently large holes we've provided and go get some!"

JPX said...

That is clearly an orca cage, not a shark cage. It also keeps out megladons and ill-natured blue whales. I couldn't hold my tongue any longer.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...