Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Michael Bay refuses to work with Shia LaBeouf again


From worstpreviews, MTV caught up with Michael Bay to talk about "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and whether the franchise can be rebooted since the director has already stated that he won't return for another installment.

"It still could be rebooted. Not with Shia. He's turning grumpy in his old age," said Bay. "He's like a little brother to me but I told him, 'I'm never going to work with you when you're older.' [Shia said] 'Why?' 'Because you're just a grump.' You put him on a wire and he turns into this evil monster. Other actors say, 'This is really fun,' he's just the opposite."

He went on to explain that he is used to dealing with actors who misbehave, but has a way of dealing with this by reminding them of some great actors who were always professional.

Bay stated: "With actors, it's great learning from a guy like Sean Connery who has the greatest work ethic. Owen Wilson, great guy, I put him in 'Armageddon,' it was my third movie. He was an hour and a half late. When he showed up I put my arm around him, 'Hey Owen, how are you?' 'I’m excited to do this,' [Wilson said]. I said, 'You’re an hour and a half late. You know what? Sean Connery was never late.' And he was never late again."

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Well, that's one decision Michael Bay and I have made the same way. I won't work with him either.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...