Sunday, April 17, 2011

Marmaduke almost goes "there"


My radar is always scanning for scatological humor in the funny pages. Although finding it in our beloved (i.e. awful) comics is as rare as a Republican saying something I agree with, every so often some poop humor makes it into the pages. We've previously seen examples with Garfield and Dennis the Menace and today I give you Marmaduke. Okay, okay, it's not technically about Marmaduke's (surely enormous) bowel movements, but we're getting closer. I won't rest until Marmaduke's owner (after decades I still don't know the name of any of the characters except the titular canine) steps in a pile of Marm some day, but until that time comes (and it will, damnit!) let's enjoy some tangential animal defecating humor. Stupid Marmaduke.

3 comments:

AC said...

it would have worked better as "some pigeons scared marmaduke in that tree."

DKC said...

I though for a second it was going to be about Marmaduke's giant poops - they are in the yard after all. I'm not sure why I feel slightly disappointed.

Octopunk said...

Not to disparage the number of posts JPX transplants from other sites, but I'm always delighted when he spins something original and this series on comic strip poop has been wonderful.

The fact that it has to be the title character's ass's emissions or it doesn't count makes it even better.

And yeah, who the heck are those people who own Marmaduke anyway? When I was a kid I borrowed a book of those strips and I could never get a bead on the background characters, probably because they didn't have names.

Whatever that guy is named, I'm amused at how furious he is AND how desperately he needs that lemonade to fix the problem, although I don't see how it's gonna help.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...