Friday, December 09, 2011

DCD's Best of H-thon 2011

Screw work, dammit!

I wanted to do so much more this year! Oh well.  Without further ado...

All Around Fave: Burning Bright.  This movie hit all the right chords for me and I have JPX to thank as his review of it last year peaked my interest. Definitely recommend it to all Horrorthoners!

Worst Movie: Blood Creek. Nazi Zombies! How could it miss! I guess because it wasn't Dead Snow...

Most Disturbing:  Paranormal Activity 2.  Although it didn't freak me out quite as much as the first one, it still totally delivered.  Plus it had the added element of the baby being in danger, which disturbs me much more then random adults.

Scariest/Tension Filled:  Tie - PA2 and Burning Bright.  Both more for the tension built throughout as opposed to "in your face" scares.

Goriest: Blood Creek  - however, it was pretty lame CGI gore, so I'm not giving it that much credit.

Scream Queen:  Janet Blair from Burn, Witch, Burn.

 I love the old black and white movies for the incredible atmosphere.
 Love it!

Not to be confused with - Hottest Hottie:  Briana Evigan from Burning Bright. Hot and smart, what's not to like?

Scariest Monster: The one you could actually meet one day if you were ever traipsing through the forests of Siberia...
 
Eek! 

Hidden Gem: Got to give it up to Burning Bright once again.  In a close second, I would recommend The Perfect Host. David Hyde Pierce is really wonderful in that movie.  I just had too many issues with the last half hour to bump Burning Bright from this spot.

Even though I only watched five (wah-waaaaahhhh) flicks this year, I was pleased with my choices as I felt I found some interesting films.

3 comments:

JPX said...

Excellent wrap-up! I’m so glad you liked Burning Bright, I thought it was a lot of fun and the entire idea terrified me. Post-Horrorthon I watched Burn, Witch, Burn on your recommendation and I loved it!

Catfreeek said...

I am thoroughly impressed that you got so much into that wrap up after only watching five films. Nice job!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Damn, now I have that stupid Burn Bitch Burn song stuck in my head AGAIN. Now it's in JPX's head too.

Nice wrap up DCD! I always enjoy reading your reviews even if you only do 5 a year. That's still 5 more than Whirlygirl's 2011 contributions! (Oh yes, I went there.

I freakin' loved Burning Bright, maybe even more than Jaws.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...