Monday, June 30, 2008

Major Briggs died!


From AICN, Don S. Davis, the busy character actor who played Major Garland Briggs on “Twin Peaks,” has passed away.

He was 65.

Davis' role on “Peaks” may have inspired producers to cast him as military men on other sci-fi shows, including Captain William Scully (Dana’s pop) on “The X-Files” and Major General George Hammond on “Stargate SG-1.” One of his final filmed appearances was for the direct-to-DVD movie “Stargate Continuum,” which hits shelves July 29.

Before turning to acting, he was a real-life U.S. Army officer.

His list of credits on IMDb is huge, and demonstrates his penchant for playing a wide array of authority figures, including judges, principals, correctional officers and doctors.

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

The scene in the diner when Major Briggs has the heart to heart with Bobby always gave me a lump in my throat. Damn I miss that show.

JPX said...

I know, I just watched that scene recently and I had a similar lump in my throat as well!

Whirlygirl said...

No lump for me. I'm heartless.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...