Saturday, June 21, 2008

Clive Wants To Save Midnight Meat Train


...It has become apparent that the theatrical distribution of The Midnight Meat Train has been curtailed, with reports that the movie may be seen on only 100 screens across the US. Word has reached us that the substantial excitement surrounding the movie has now developed into an active campaign by movie-lovers for its full theatrical release.

Clive is throwing his support behind the growing movement. He is asking all who would like to see the movie get the wide distribution that many people believe it deserves to add their voice...

"I am very excited about this possibility and I would passionately encourage everybody who cares about my work to use this chance to change the minds of the folks at Lionsgate.
"This is exciting! I really think, this late in the day, that grassroots support for our movie could significantly improve our chances of reaching a much bigger audience theatrically. The picture is worth the effort, I believe."


E-mail message as started at IMDB
(or feel free to compose your own):

As a long time Clive Barker fan, I am writing you to express my strong desire to see “The Midnight Meat Train” on the big screen.
Rumors are currently circulating that the film will only be released on a limited basis and I am very concerned that I will miss my opportunity to see the most highly anticipated Clive Barker film in over a decade in all of its big screen glory!
There are millions of horror fans like myself who have been disappointed by the recent trend towards watered down PG-13 horror movies. Clive’s work represents a return to serious, thought provoking horror movies and with Ryuhei Kitamura at the helm, I am even more excited to experience this collaboration as it was intended: in a packed theater with hundreds of other horror fans like myself!

I urge you to please give this film the release it deserves!

Many thanks,

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Meh. Going to bat for Clive Barker is like getting excited about a mediocre sandwich with dry turkey and mysterious orange cheese.

Maybe if they could get a quote from Stephen King, I might be interested...

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...