Friday, June 20, 2008

Just May Be the Worst Song Ever

I’ve been intending to post this for music Friday, but keep forgetting. My roommate discovered this song at a children’s dance recital in New Hampshire. As you listen to the song you’ll notice that they repeatedly sing, “Who fucked my washing machine.” Can you imagine this playing at a kid’s recital? Apparently, they did try and edit most of the swearing, my roommate said, at least up until the end. She couldn’t believe her ears so she tracked down the song. Check it out.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79765435

5 comments:

JPX said...

I must agree with you, that's the worst song I've ever heard and the fact that young kids were singing it in a school is chilling.

Whirlygirl said...

They were dancing to it not singing.

Octopunk said...

When I was in sixth grade our music teacher played us two pop songs so we could talk about them: Diana Ross's Upside Down and Billy Joel's You May Be Right. After the repitition of the disco tune was roundly complained about, I spoke up saying I liked it, and I recall immediate, disdainful "Jeff liked it" remarks from a couple of girls in the class.

And here I am again! I totally liked the Washing Machine song! JPX, I'm a bit surprised you didn't. As Dick Clark likes to say, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

Now, that doesn't mean I think kids should be exposed to Evil Dead vocals singing lyrics about fucking major appliances, but neither can I discount a band who's gimmick is surrounding themselves with slutty girls in nurse costumes.

How old were these kids anyway?

Whirlygirl said...

I think they were five or six.

Octopunk said...

Okay, yeah, that's a serious no-no. Still, liked the song.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...