Friday, June 27, 2008

Eastwood still considering new Dirty Harry film!


From filmstalker, Clint Eastwood had said that he wouldn't return to the role of Dirty Harry. But now he has said he isn't ruling anything out, and with the right script he might just make a return.

I suppose they could write something that has Dirty Harry coming out of retirement as a consultant or something. Is he hinting for someone to write something?

It was only in May at the Cannes film festival that Clint Eastwood said this about rumours he might play Dirty Harry again:

No. That rumour's incorrect.I have no intention. There are certain things you have to be realistic about. Dirty Harry would not be on a police department at my age, so we'll move on from that.

He also joked that Angelina Jolie who starred in his film Changeling should be play a female Dirty Harry. He seems more receptive now though, and has said he isn't ruling anything out. He's waiting for script that fits the bill though:

I'm 78 years old, and you're pretty well drummed out of the police force by that age. There could be a scenario. I suppose if some mythical writer came out of nowhere and it was the greatest thing on the planet, I'd certainly have to think about it, but it's not like I've ever courted it. I feel like that was an era of my life, and I've gone on to other things. I'm not sure about being Dirty Harry again, but who knows?

He was speaking to MTV through Digital Spy. So he's at least open to the idea, maybe they just caught him on a bad day at Cannes. Would you want to see Clint Eastwood back as Dirty Harry? Any ideas what the plot could be? Or maybe you'd rather see Angelina Jolie bringing down criminals?

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...