Thursday, June 19, 2008

David Lynch Uses Soft Stool Analogy to Explain Where Ideas Originate


From iwatchstuff, Where do ideas come from? If we're talking about David Lynch's ideas, I'd assume they come from somewhere around the nexus of madness, genius, and near-evil. But as the director explains in this interview, that's not the case. Apparently, ideas come from bubbling up and hitting your consciousness ball, or from a man throwing puzzle pieces at you--and they definitely don't come from artistic suffering, because that would be like Van Gogh painting while constantly fighting intense diarrhea. I guess that makes sense, but it still doesn't fully explain the idea of uploading videos of yourself freakishly shoving panties in your mouth.

See interview here

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

David Lynch scares me this early in the morning. I'm just trying to drink my coffee man.

JPX said...

That picture makes it look like he's had way too much coffee!

Octopunk said...

Well, I watched the Lynch interview and he's as nutty as ever. I thought I'd watch the Donovan interview for a laugh, but I only got about 30 seconds in. First he introduced his guitar Kelly and then I saw on the process bar that there was over nine minutes of this and then the words "A conversation with DONOVAN" appeared on the screen and I snapped out of it.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...