Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Star Wars Dance Competition At Disney (shudder)


From geekology, So apparently Disney has now started having "Star Wars Weekends" at Walt Disney World. What does this mean? Among other things, a Star Wars Character Dance Competition that made my blood boil. The video is over 5 minutes long, so what you want to do is let it load, and then watch a random ten seconds of the first 3 minutes, and then actually let it play at 3:11. This video has singlehandedly desecrated the memory of my favorite childhood characters. Kind of like that time at my Halloween party when I walked in on my girlfriend humping Optimus Prime. Suffice it to say I trashed all my Transformers and Uncle Jake isn't my favorite uncle anymore.

See cringe-worthy footage here

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

LOL!

You have to watch this, starting at 3:11 in.

Okay, yes, it sucks. The Chewbacca/Jawa "Footloose" routine is awful, same with Leia and Amidala doing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and joined by Zam Wessel, an ewok, and a female Gammorrean Guard (basically a regular guard with a curly red wig in the back).

BUT, you need to see Darth Vader and four Stormtroopers emerge from the bunker doing the chicken head move to "Thriller." Really, it's fun.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...