Friday, October 09, 2009

Horrorthon "Most_______Review" Awards? Discuss


I've asked Octo and JSP before which of the reviews they'd written was their favorite. Admittedly, I forgot what they told me almost instantaneously and still can't remember, so I've never read them. This is a pity, I think. I think that the best reviews should get some recognition. I think we should give out an award for best review.

And not only that, we can expand the awards list to "funniest" or, as Octo suggested, "most obscure movie." And I'm sure there are other great possibilities.

I also think that we could give an award for best comment, or funniest comment. or perhaps even funniest comment exchange.

Please let us open discussion on this undeniably awesome idea. Make suggestions -- I figure we could come up with seven good awards to award.

10 comments:

50PageMcGee said...

i've got two more possibilities -- "best exposition" "review which most makes you want to see the movie"

Catfreeek said...

I like this idea, sounds like fun.

Jordan said...

"Best idea for an award"

HandsomeStan said...

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to sign up for your newsletter.

I think it definitely puts more kick in the month, speaking especially as someone who cannot possibly come close to (or even comprehend) the number of movies Cat is watching :)

Do we nominate throughout the month, and then vote?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

So basically you're saying "Let's award Jordan for his genius Hostel review", right?

That picture makes me want to beat my head repeatedly with a frying pan. Somebody PLEASE post a review to cover up the retard.

HandsomeStan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HandsomeStan said...

Stupid typos. Anyway...

Suggestions:

Best Review (Short Form)

Best Review (Long Form)

Most Obscure and/or Biggest Stretch

Highest Comment Count and/or Most Entertaining Comment Thread

"Golden Machetes"? "Thonnies"? If we could really hand out trophies, I'd want to hear something along the lines of "And the Axe-Wielding Maniac goes to..."

The ultimate prize should still be the most movies (re)viewed, for which, as we all know, there is no prize.

Trevor said...

I like the idea of having awards, but I think we should hold true to what it says at the top of the blogsite, "there is no prize."

On that note...

best use of jpegs?

fewest movies seen during Horrorthon?

most unoriginal selections for Horrorthon?

I figure we might as well recognize mediocrity too, right?

DKC said...

I am totally into recognizing mediocrity, T(TF)! Especially since I haven't watched a single movie yet!

50PageMcGee said...

re: mediocrity -- ehhh, no. nice try though.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...