Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'll believe it when I see it


From worstpreviews, Almost three years ago, Paul Reubens said that he's trying to get the original "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" actors together for a movie, stating that he has already sent the script to Laurence Fishburne, who played Cowboy Curtis on the show. Later that year, he said that one of the ideas for the movie is to have Johnny Depp replace him as Pee-Wee.

MTV News has now caught up with Reubens to find out if the movie will ever be made. "Boy, I sure hope [it gets made]. Yeah, we're going to [dot it]," he said. "I'm going to make a movie based on my kids show. Based on 'Pee Wee's Playhouse.' The script is already fully written; It's ready to shoot."

He added that the plan is for the character to finally leave the Playhouse and go out into the real world. "It's not really the real world, it's Puppetland," he said. "On 'Pee Wee's Playhouse' television series we never left the playhouse, we were always inside the playhouse. The movie is all out of the playhouse."

5 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

If Johnny Depp plays Pee Wee I will hunt him down and murder him.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm not dissing Johnny Depp but frankly I'm sick of him and don't care if I ever see his dreamy face again. And if he were to ruin my beloved icon, no matter how well he portrayed him, he would have to die.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Also - I am dissing Johnny Depp.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Also Pee Wee is going about this all the wrong way. The best thing about the character was his unconditional, obsessive love of his bicycle - not Chairy and the Playhouse characters. He needs to reunite with Tim "The Big Fat Disappointment" Burton and see if they can recreate some magic.

Octopunk said...

Having someone else play Pee Wee just makes no sense.

I worked with a guy recently who does random construction jobs for Paul Reubens. He said Pee Wee lives up in the Hollywood hills (like most of the rich people) and likes to feed the local wildlife, making his property kind of zoo-like.

(LA is vast, you see, and it has a number of hills that are too steep to build on, except for the top. So there's coyotes, deer, mountain lions, etc.)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...