Thursday, December 10, 2009

Neat, But I'll Pass (The Time!): A Crazy Clock!


From geekology, That isn't your grandfather's grandfather clock. But that may be him trapped inside! (it's not -- please don't call and wake up your grandma). You see, that's really a television screen. Tricky!

This clock does not actually have a man inside but a flatscreen that plays a 24 hour loop of this video by the artist watching his own clock somewhere and painstakingly erasing and re-writing each minute.
Admittedly, it is a neat idea, I just can't believe somebody dedicated 24 hours of their life to recording themselves writing the time. That's ridiculous. I mean, I've got Warcraft characters to level up.

7 comments:

Jordan said...

Totally awesome!

I'll bet he just did a single hours' worth, and then added the hour hand in post. (In other words, I'll bet it repeats. There's no way he did a full 24 hours of that!)

JPX said...

It would creep me out too much, it reminds me of the mirror in The Ring.

PS. Of course I still want it.

Jordan said...

It's "waiting room at a really cool company" material. I wouldn't want it in my house.

JPX said...

I think it would freak me out too much in my house. Perhaps if it was a topless woman...

Catfreeek said...

Very cool and totally insane. I wouldn't want it in my house, I'd feel like I was being watched but I like Jordan's waiting room idea.

Octopunk said...

I was thinking he just did it for twelve hours. It's an analog clock.

I also think it'd be cool if he took a phone call and had some coffee in there.

Jordan said...

I repeat my theory that he did it for an hour and added the hour hand later.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...