Sunday, December 06, 2009

Upcoming FX


So, Tony & I met with the writer/director of a little indy film with a working title of "One Small Favor"yesterday. After a nice chat and some discussion of what he wants done we came to a mutual decision that I would be a good fit for his needs. It's not a gig most anyone would be jumping up and down about, in fact no one is even getting paid, including the actors. But I get to do something that I love and actually get credit for it. He will be submitting the film to any and all festivals that will take it once it's done and I get a copy of it. Much of the film has already been shot but there was a hold up as one of the actors wasn't working out and they had no effects artist. That's where I come in and I'm really excited about it. The film is sort of a Kill Bill/Sukiyaki Western Django type of thing, as I see it anyway. They do have funding to pay for all the materials I will need and I get to work with ninjas. Awesome! I might even get to do a beheading! I will keep you all posted as things progress, we hope to get rolling again late December or early January. I'll post pics when I got em. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

JPX said...

That's terrific, Cat! Whirlygirl and I attended an indie horror festival in October and we saw an excellent little film called "Dawning". Whirly claims that she's going to write a review so I'm holding off for now. Perhaps we'll see your work in an upcoming festival.

Catfreeek said...

Thanks, I'm really excited about it.

Whirlygirl said...

Congrats cat! That sounds awesome.

Jpx, I'm going to write that review you just wait and see.

Octopunk said...

That rocks! Congrats. I hope for some good production photos.

And get some good souvenirs for yourself!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...