Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Mr. T, savior?


From thesuperficial, This post is not an April Fool's Joke. Apparently Mr. T once brought a boy out of a coma. I, for one, never doubted T's ability to make Death piss its pants. For you unbelievers out there, Mr. T shared his story in the latest issue of Empire. I present to you the Parable of T via WENN:

The poorly kid fell unconscious in Detroit, Michigan in the mid-1980s - and the only physical movement he made was in response to hearing Mr. T's name. And when the mohawked star was in town, he stopped by the hospital to visit the ill boy - with miraculous results. He tells Empire magazine, "His family put toys around him and one of them was a Mr. T doll. And whenever my name came up, the boy moved his arm. Somebody told the doctors I was in town, so they called me down there. I closed the curtains and prayed. Then, as I was walking down the hall, the kid suddenly came out of the coma and hollered out.
"That was my supernatural moment."

Thanks to Andy who has agreed to single-handedly help me fund the First Holy Church of Pitying Fools. I'll need that check by tomorrow or I'll have to drive a black GMC van into your house. Thus sayeth the T, Amen.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Gosh. Maybe it was just some weird, very specific effect of his voice. I heard about a British family once whose parrot learned to mimic the ultrasonic signals emitted by their TV remote, and it would change channels on them. Same thing, really.

Frankie Freako

(2024) ***1/2 Is a movie that's *trying* to be Stupid And Annoying, and succeeds at being both, therefore a good movie? It really depend...