Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Penis McScrotum's long lost cousin Harry takes it!

After the winner of last week's contest turned out to be me, I realized I had no idea what to write for the next one. So I went with the old "person disappearing from a locked room" gambit. As usual, I kind of had an idea or two in my head about what the outcome would be, and as usual, someone tossed out something completely unexpected. That was the C's short, sweet and to-th- point story, which clinched it further with the cigarette smoke coming out of both stumps. Ha.

Farley Fartknocker's story was closer to my vague ideas of what happened next. (Okay, really my vague idea was some twist on the Bloom County in which Binkly's closet presents him with a knight who offers him a life of adventure that he turns down.) But I never would've thought of eyeballs extending on their optic nerves. Yikes! The Monty Python reference was hilarious and perfect. Nice one, Catfreeek.

Ex-lova Virginia also did something I didn't expect by expanding beyond my admittedly fill-in-the-blank beginning with some intriguing character development and history. And I have to admit that the idea of the disc containing the kid's horror movie (or whatever was going on there) hadn't occured to me either. I hope someday Whirlygirl has the opportunity to expand on this cool idea.

Thanks for playing, you princes of Maine, you kings of New England.

Oh, by the way... to move a post, you go to the edit screen, and click on Post Options. Then you can change the date and time.

6 comments:

AC said...

thank you very much octopunk.

"harry mcscrotum" was a one-time-only collaboration between myself and mr. ac. mr. ac came up with the spinning murderous disc idea and i wrote it up.

if this is considered cheating, we will yield our crown. otherwise we will get cracking on a new story beginning.

Octopunk said...

Well, it would totally be cheating -- except look at that adorable avatar!

No, that's not cheating at all. Get cracking.

Catfreeek said...

Yay AC & Mr.AC! I loved your ending. You sewed it up so nicely short & sweet and explained everything. Nice job :)

Whirlygirl said...

Congrats Ac and Mr. AC!

Catfreeek said...

I'm so glad you got that Monty Python reference, I just knew you would :)

AC said...

thanks all! we'll post the new story beginning thursday, so as not to interfere with haiku hump day.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...