Monday, August 17, 2009

10 Horrible Paintings from Atari 2600 Game Box Art

4) Video Checkers

From toplessrobot,

"Well, King -- I, as a round-faced chub, appear to have beaten your in your own game!"

"I, as your round-faced girlfriend, congratulate you on your smugness."

"Yes. Well played. Off with your head."

This is all I think of when seeing this artwork. Not checkers, mind you; just a smug, chubby guy getting beheaded.

See the full list here

EDIT:

Octo re-ups a post from a year ago


Jordan tipped me to this guy's Atari-related antics over at mightygodking.com. Excellent photoshopping gags supported by scans of delightfully scuffed old cartridge boxes. See the rest here.

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

"I do believe my finger smells like poop."

Octopunk said...

That is some bad art. Pole Position, the fingerpoop soccer guy, video pinball and that football one really stand out as efforts of the unskilled.

But that Phoenix art totally, totally rules. However I played the arcade Phoenix recently and it was the hardest, crappiest game I've ever played.

Carm said...

This is great.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...