Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alice In Wonderland Becomes the Sixth Film To Pass $1 Billion Mark



From slashfilm, On Thursday, Disney’s Tim Burton-directed 3D adaptation of Alice in Wonderland will become the sixth movie to cross the $1 billion at the worldwide box office, and the first Spring release to ever accomplish the milestone.

The film has earned over $332 million domestically and over $667 million in international markets. Wonderland joins the elite ranks side by side with Avatar, Titanic, The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest and The Dark Knight. This also makes Alice Disney’s second highest grossing film to date.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Dang. I didn't know it was that popular. That's cool, I guess. I know Burton's had some ups and downs over the years, so this must be nice.

JPX said...

I know! I was surprised as well. All the reviews suggested that it kind of sucked so I'm not sure how it crept up to a billion bucks.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...