Thursday, May 06, 2010

Star Tours gets ready to make final flights to Endor


From cnn, Disney Parks’ Star Tours attraction will soon go out of commission to make way for a 2011 upgrade, but it’s not shutting down without a send-off.

From 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. on August 14, Disney Parks is hosting the "Last Tour to Endor," a special event that coincides with the official Lucasfilm fan convention, “Star Wars” Celebration V.

Star Tours is a Disney and "Star Wars" fan favorite that opened in 1987 in "Tomorrowland" at Disneyland, marking the first of the park's attractions that did not use Disney imagery. Whether you are sucked in by the giant AT-AT at the Disney World location or the hidden Kermit the Frog droid inside the ride, it's a chance for all "Star Wars" fans to feel like they're a part of the movie.

But the ride has been showing its age as of late, and fans are looking forward to the new version coming to us in 2011.

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

"But the ride has been showing its age as of late"

I completely disagree with that statement.

Have to get my ass to D-land before August. Get my Star Tours on.

Octopunk said...

"and fans are looking forward to the new version coming to us in 2011."

I'm not sure I believe that, either.

Nothing is better than getting to fly into and then down the Death Star trench. And I doubt they'll keep that.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Star Tours is perfect and even if it is showing it's age, that's part of the charm. The overall vibe is closer to that of the original trilogy.

I am curious about the new version (though I wouldn't say I'm "looking forward to it"). I'm sure it will be cool and exciting but I suspect it will include a few things to irritate me (such as the inclusion of the word "poo doo").

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...