Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In answer to "Where the hell was Stan?..."

Photobucket
The beautiful moment

Photobucket
MrsX, pictured here wearing the product of Stan's last few sneaky weeks. (The ring, not the hat.)

Johnny Sweatpants' answer to the title question was "He's up to no good." That's only somewhat accurate. The last few weeks have been consumed with the subterfuge of travelling secretly to Baltimore to ask her father's permission, buying the ring and then finding a place to hide it in our 900 square foot apartment (behind the wrestling DVDs - I KNEW it was safe there), and booking our (first real) vacation (ever) to the Bahamas, which was where I dropped the bomb.

I just wanted to share the news here, because even though there's a handful of you out there I still haven't met face to face, I consider all of you very close friends, and my intellectual peers (who am I kidding - my intellectual superiors :).

We're still figuring out what the heck we're actually going to do for the wedding, as to where, when, how big, etc, but I'll certainly be keeping you all updated.

MrsX has also yet to decide if she's going to keep her blog last name, or change it to MrsStan, or MrsX-Stan, so we'll see.

15 comments:

Octopunk said...

Yay! Congratulations! That is so cool.

Behind the wrestling dvds was a brilliant move. Much better than hiding it in your ass. (And I know you considered it.)

Catfreeek said...

Huge congratulations to you both!!
So exciting and very romantic Mr. Stan, color me impressed.

haha Octo, that's great!

JPX said...

Hey,you posted this over my Human Centipede post! Bastard. Just kidding, this is awesome! I guess you're excused for blowing off HHD last week, but not tomorrow.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Know that I'm here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on during these difficult times.

HandsomeStan said...

That was like an escalating staircase of Hilarious.

Thanks, guys!

AC said...

hilarious is covered, i'll go with sincere... congratulations stan and mrsx!!! this is fabulous news. well done stan on the sneakery.

Catfreeek said...

I know AC, who knew Stan was such a romantic. His coolness points just went way up.

Whirlygirl said...

Congrats Stan and Mrs X!!!! Wow, Stan, asking for her father's permission...I didn't know people still did that. You are hardcore.

HandsomeStan said...

Aw shucks, thanks :) Whirly, it's weird, I've gotten that reaction from a number of folks, and both my brother and I did it kind of without thinking, like as a natural course of events.

The best part is I had to basically lie and sneak around to do the honorable thing. Oh, the irony.

Love you guys!

Julie said...

I have to beg to get Octo to take me to the movies. Bahamas? Jeez! Getting married sure is a lot more exciting than being married.

Ladies, am I right???

Congrats, Stan! Great news and well done!

Julie said...

Who's doing HHD? Clearly the topic needs to be mao-wage!

Julie said...

Hm. As far as the asking permission thing goes, I'm afraid I think this harks back to the days when women were just property.

Which as well know--

is fuckin' sexy!

Ladies, am I right???

Catfreeek said...

I'm with you on all three accounts Julie. Our one and only Bahama vacation was on our honeymoon 10 years ago. Matter of fact that was our only vacation. I blame it on kids.

The Mr. said...

Congrats from the both of us!!!

DKC said...

Sorry, sorry - SO late!

Congratulations to you both!! Kudos to the romance and the lovely "asking permission" thing. I don't care if I'm labeled something silly - I think that is very sweet.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...