Thursday, July 08, 2010

AMAZING Stop Motion Shows Evolution Of Earth From Big Bang To Nuclear Apocalypse

BIG BANG BIG BOOM - the new wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.


From geekology, Painter/stop-motion animator Blu (who did THIS amazing work featured awhile ago) is back at it with 'BIG BANG BIG BOOM', a 10-minute "moving" painting showing the evolution of the earth, from big bang to eventual nuclear destruction. Did I mention there were several minutes of dinosaurs? *zipping pants* Because there were. RAWR! God, I can't even imagine how much paint the whole thing required. Gallons. Somebody got approved for a Home Depot credit card! (Buy me a chainsaw)

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

My god that was a mindfuck. Where the heck can you just deface an assload of buildings like that? (Although I'd dig it if I lived in the octopus house).

Good stuff. I'll have to check out his other film later.

Catfreeek said...

That was amazing, I can't even imagine how long it took to put all that together. The woman being blown sideways by the dinosaur roar was such a great addition to the art. I'm heading to his website right now.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...