Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ghost Rider trailer


Okay, I've never understood the whole Ghost Rider thing. From what I can tell he's a skeleton, he's on fire for some reason, and his choice of transportation is a motorcycle. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Go here to see the flaming skull in all his glory.

Octopunk adds these comments from IWatchStuff: "After watching the teaser trailers (there's both a domestic and international) to Ghost Rider, I've had a few thoughts as to why this looks like it will be as bad as director Mark Steven Johnson's previous films, Daredevil and Simon Birch.

1. Ghost Rider is stupid. The coolness of a skeleton on fire, riding a motorcycle with flaming wheels, peaks around the sixth grade, when a skeleton on fire with breasts, riding a motorcycle with flaming wheels, takes over as "coolest idea."

(Octopunk here, and I agree a million percent. I've always felt this idea sprang from the same aspect of the Marvel muse that brought us Silver Surfer, as in "Hey it's the 60's! What are the kids into? Surfing? Great. Then, in the 70's, it was "choppers." Yawn.)

2. The effects are terrible. I've seen a more realistic flaming skull tattooed on the forearm of a biker. Granted, the phrase "I'll Stab Your Mom With My Cock" written above it in gothic lettering made it somewhat less realistic, but you get the idea.

3. Nicolas Cage has given up as an actor. His willingness to make National Treasure 2 is probably the best indicator of this. The man has no interest in making decent films. And with the ridiculous mustache he's got in World Trade Center and the youthful, messy coiffure he sports here, it seems like the only idea they've come up with to make him better is gluing hair to him.

The only saving grace might be that, unlike Johnson's previous efforts, this movie isn't about cripples."

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Great picture. I always loved Ghost Rider. Flaming skull, motorcycle, great look.

Octopunk said...

I caught this trailer twice this weekend, and I remain unimpressed. The FX look pretty Spawn-ish to me.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...