Friday, May 19, 2006

Halle Berry is a dizzy chick


From Moviesonline, "So if you were to browse the news and come across THIS article and then maybe THIS one, you might realize it's the same actress talking about the same movie, yet she gives a completely different opinion on whether she would or wouldn't star in said film.

Obviously we are talking about Halle Berry and the "possible" fourth installment in the X-Men saga. It is being highly rumored that 20th century Fox has no intentions of making a fourth film (though a Wolverine Spin-off is in the works) so maybe Mrs. Berry's confusion is a moot point. Halle Berry plays the character of Storm in the hit films, filling an important role as far as fan-boys are concerned.

In one article Berry insists that should X-Men 4 be green-lit she would pretty much drop any other project just to play Storm again. Yet in the other she claims she would rather hang up the cape for good.

"I have got some projects now that should keep me busy for the next two or three years if I am lucky," she says in Article A. "It is a franchise that I love and a character that I love and now that I have a voice in the movie I really love it. If another great X-Men came along I could probably change my plans".

Yet in contrast during a X-Men 3 Junket she was quoted saying "I don't think I'll do this again or a spin-off because I do want to focus on other aspects of my career, and there are other things I want to work on."

Halle Berry has been known to hesitate signing on for the X-men sequels due to script concerns; in other words she wants Storm to have a bigger role in the films. Personally if Bryan Singer, or Brett Ratner said "Hey, Shawn. Will you be in the next X-men movie, playing this semi-famous Mutant from the comics (the kind only a fan-boy would recognize) for one small scene?". I'd say "I'm dreaming. Are you paying me for this or should I pay you?". Obviously Halle doesn't share my opinions on fame.

Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) is pretty convinced there will not be a fourth installment. And even if there will be it's going to be some time after the Wolverine spin-off. I think he sees it like I do, where while the X-men movies are guaranteed blockbusters, the time and effort to put them together can be very demanding on the actors and crew. Obviously the actors and directors are going to want to move on to new projects, such as "X-Men" and "X-Men 2" director Bryan Singer's choice to direct "Superman Returns" instead of "X-Men 3".

If that is what Halle Berry wants to accomplish, sure I respect that. But right now I think that she's trying to hint to 20th Century Fox that if they give her a (bigger) reason to return, she just might.

"X-Men 3: The Last Stand" slices into theaters on May 26th."

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

"Obviously the actors and directors are going to want to move on to new projects, such as X-Men and X-Men 2 director Bryan Singer's choice to direct Superman Returns instead of X-Men 3."

Uhh, he only did that because Fox kept dicking him around on a new contract. I really think he wanted to wrap the series himself.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...