Monday, May 08, 2006

Trilogy of Terror just in time for Horrorthon 06


Man this scared the hell out of me when I was a kid! From Bloodydisgusting, "I love those guys at Dark Sky Films, first Magic, now this! The 1975 made-for-television horror anthology Trilogy of Terror arrives on August 29th from specialty distributor Dark Sky Films, according to Davis DVD. Directed by Dan Curtis ("Dark Shadows," "The Night Stalker"), the film stars Karen Black - with a tour-de-force of no less than four roles - in three tales written by William F. Nolan and legendary author Richard Matheson. Supplanting Anchor Bay's out-of-print (and pricey) edition, this brand new special edition will feature a new fullscreen transfer and Dolby Digital 2.0 audio. Extras will include a commentary with Black and Nolan, "Richard Matheson: Terror Scribe" and "Three Colors Black" featurettes. Retail will be $19.98."

2 comments:

JPX said...

I saw that puppet in real life once and it's just as freaky. I kept expecting it to move. I'll definitely pick the DVD up.

Octopunk said...

Don't even talk to me about that damn puppet. I remember when I saw that, my bedroom was arranged so that neither side of my bed touched the wall. As a result, I was falling asleep in the extreme middle of the bed, arms tight to my sides, just to have the maximum distance available in case that little monster climbed over the side. Man!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...