Monday, December 08, 2008

Punisher WarZone Bombs


From moviesonline, The Punisher proved this weekend that impaling heads, lots of exploding bodies, a great script and a fantastic director CAN result in a box office bomb. Punisher Warzone TANKED this weekend bringing in only $4million at the Box Office. That is only 500K more then Beyonce Knowles Caddilac Records and is no doubt making Uwe Boll feel better about Dungeon Siege.

Despite relatively good Punisher WarZone reviews by comic book fans the film has not managed to find its audience for some reason. Is it a lack of marketing by the studio? Or is it that fans were to busy watching Madagascar? When you consider all the chicks are tied up watching TWILIGHT you would think that would leave the guys enough time to go see punisher.



[JPX]I watched a bootleg of Four Christmases, the current number one movie at the box office, as I was wrapping Christmas presents. The movie stinks on all levels with nary a laugh. Wait for the rental and then rent with caution.

7 comments:

Landshark said...

Whose crack pipe did you steal before making that viewing decision?

JPX said...

I just wanted something stupid to have on in the background while I was wrapping presents. Also, I take personal satisfaction in watching movies for free =)

DKC said...

I can't see how anyone would want to see that movie. (not you, JPX, since your motives were clear.) I mean those who actually paid money to see it. The previews alone were cause to avoid at all costs!

JPX said...

Oh I completely agree! Living alone I often put stupid stuff on in the background while doing chores. It keeps me in touch with pop culture and gives me things to bitch about.

Whirlygirl said...

I think Vince Vaughn is one of the ugliest people I've ever seen. I can't watch anything he's in for that reason alone. I think I used to be able to tolerate looking at him with one eye open, but he just keeps getting grosser.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Interesting Whirlygirl. I know Vince Vaughn is no Davey Jones and agree he has no business starring in romantic comedies (shame on you for watching that Jeff) but I didn't know that women found him so repulsive.

Landshark said...

I can't criticize, Jeff. I actually sat and watched most of The Guardian the other night. If ever a movie screamed "written by a committee of studio execs on their lunchbreak" then this is it. God-fucking-awful.

And yet I stayed up till 1am to see the smaltzy, incredible, ending.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...