Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sisters of Death

(1977) **





A sorority initiation goes bananas when a loaded bullet is placed in the gun during the Trust-Your-Sister portion of the ceremony. The pledge gets a bullet in the head and the participants are scarred for life.

Seven years later, each sister receives peculiar invitation for a reunion in Paso Robles, CA. The arrangements are all made and two relatively normal guys pick them up at a designated location. They're dropped off at a beautiful mansion on a mountainside. A “WELCOME SISTERS!” banner greets them by the pool, as does a healthy supply of beer.

“We don’t need a bathing suit! I mean, we’re alone, right?” declares one of the girls as a tall, sketchy man mysteriously walks around the house. The girls never, not even once discuss who is responsible for this revenge, excuse me, event. I decide to let it slide as they are sorority sisters. Sketch turns on the electric fence and the girls are officially trapped. He now has the ability to hunt them down and kill them in the order that they deserve to die. There’s the tarantula attack a la Brady Bunch followed by an uninspired shower death. (I still don’t know why that girl was showering.) I should also note that the killer packs a mean karate chop.

When I popped in Sisters of Death, I was looking forward to a laughable abomination. Instead I was mildly surprised to discover a slightly below average late 70’s slasher flick. Take it or leave it.

2 comments:

JPX said...

Yeah this one's rough, I watched it a few Thons ago.

Octopunk said...

There should be some sort of quality panel for movies about sorority girls. I mean, if there's a move about sorority girls, and it has skinnydipping, and it's still lame, there where are we as a society, really?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...