Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Identity

(2003) ***1/2

"When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away."


My second John Cusack fix this month! Ooo, baby. I haven't checked past Horrorthon's to see if this has been seen by the gang, but on the chance there are some who haven't seen it this plot synopsis will be brief to avoid any spoilers.

Through a series of events brought on by a raging thunderstorm a group of strangers end up stranded at a roadside hotel. Ed the limo driver with the actress he's driving. A family of three: Mom, Dad and little Timmy. Paris - the trashy girl w/the short skirt, Lou and Ginny the argumentative young couple. Larry the Hotel Manager and Rhodes, a cop who is transporting a prisoner.

Pretty soon people start dying. Other than to say there are a couple of shockers, the who's and how's I'm not going to touch on . There are some - I thought - original little twists to this flick. The biggest one is kind of a "huh?" moment, but if you go with it the movie makes it work. Smart, enjoyable, and come on - John Cusack.

9 comments:

Jordan said...

I'm a big fan of this movie. It's pretty cool. Unfortunately it's as painful as any Amanda Peet flick because it emphasises to me that my friend's Barney's girlfriend Tina, who "wanted to set me up with her friend Amanda" back in 1994, did not succeed.

JPX said...

I love this movie as well! Nice review. Is Say Anything on deck?

DKC said...

HA! Even with our "loosening" of the rules I don't think I can get that one past!

AC said...

DCD, full disclosure: do you have a little crush on John Cusack?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I might have to get this one. Lauren has about had it with crap movies. Let's just say she was less than pleased with Ghoulies 3.

You seem to have similar tastes as her DCD, any recommendations that she might like?

Jordan said...

Johhny, you should see it and review it! I'm curious what you'd have to say.

I think your safe from plastic utensil wounds on this one.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Done and done! (Except for the watching part.. so I guess "done and not done" would be more... whatever, it's at the top of my queue!)

Jordan said...

That would be "not done and not done."

DKC said...

I'm flattered to be asked JSP, but I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants so to speak! I do tend to like the more psychological/serial killer stuff.

AC - you found me out!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...