Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Incredible 2 Headed Transplant

(1971) **1/2



After being released from mental institution, former surgeon Roger Girard holes himself up in his private laboratory to perform twisted experiments on animals.   His wife Linda is concerned about his well being as well as their marriage , but luckily she has close friend Ken (played by by Casey Kasem, yes that Casey Kasem) to console her.   Ken goes to check on Roger (Linda is not allowed in the lab) and finds that his two headed snake and two-headed monkey experiments were both raging successes!   Roger explains that his ultimate goal is to perform the surgery on humans.  Ken presses him on the moral and ethical aspects of this madness, fearing a "society where a man takes a man's life on the pretext of humanity." (?)  

The perfect candidate for the body is Danny the slow helper who sports overalls and a bright orange shirt.   Danny suffered brain damage after being trapped in a mine, though he still has a heart of gold.  In a conveniently bizarre turn of events, a psychopath kills Danny's father and kidnaps Linda.   Linda escapes and they shoot the psycho in the chest with a shotgun. 

I still don't understand why Roger would sew a serial killer's head onto a dim-witted handyman but as I should know by now, mad scientists are under no obligation to explain their reasoning.   The transplant is a success and the two-headed freak wastes no time killing people.   

The Incredible 2 Headed Transplant is worth your time if only to watch them try to convince you of the monster's authenticity without the assistance of CGI.   When shown from the front, one actor plainly lurches his head over the shoulder of the other.  For the side shots they only need one head as it obscures the other.   And for the back shots the actor switches spots and leans his head back.   

Am I forgetting something?  Nope, that's pretty much it.

3 comments:

DKC said...

The title alone had me rolling on the floor!

Great review!

Julie said...

Hey, Johnny, I won an atheist bracelet! Check it out!

http://www.friendlyatheist.com/

I didn't even think my comment was all that funny, but lucky for me, everyone else was less funny.

Julie

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. I thought the top 2 comments were indeed the best.

Have you seen the Hitchens/Allister McGrath debate? I'm so engrossed in it even though it's taking precious Horrorthon time away from me. McGrath drives me up the friggin' wall but I can't turn away. I'm only a half hour in but Hitchens is in top form.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...