Sunday, June 08, 2008

Your Worst Nightmare!


Well, except for maybe Miko's country music...

Chick Pop! That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Because on the oft chance that I get to be alone in my car and can pick something other than Wiggles, Sesame Street or The Backyardigans; I like to listen to music that I can (in the words of JSP) belt out! And the two following are from an old, and new favorite album of mine. So have at it... (Bet JSP is wishing he didn't make that 5 listen rule...)

1. Addicted by Kelly Clarkson from the album Breakaway (2004).



I dug this album quite a bit and disregarded all the teasing when I went to see her in concert!! The most recent My December was also excellent. Took a little longer to get into, but after a few listens it was all I played for several months.

2. Fairytale by Sara Bareilles from the album Little Voices (2007).



My current new fave, and especially this song. In truth I like every song on the album. If you are going to go for another of hers, Vegas will give you a good example of her voice.

That's it folks, Sing Out Loud!

13 comments:

AC said...

dcd, kudos for being true to the spirit of this experiment and brave enough to hang it out there. i have never heard of those songs, and chick though i be, frankly i am too frightened to listen tonight (hell yeah they're on rhapsody). looking forward to listening with an open mind some time later in the week.

miko564 said...

If I feel a need to rent "Fried Green Tomatoes" or "Thelma and Louise" after this, I will blame you DCD.

AC said...

seems likely, miko, especially if you belt out each song five times as commanded by dcd.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Awesome DCD.

If by "it" AC means what I think she means then I agree 100% (though I would have used "them" instead). This is going to be a fun week!

What the hell is everyone else waiting for? Out with your picks already so I can create my shuffle!!

DKC said...

Aw, thanks guys. I was a little nervous...

Heck, Miko, you might even want to go see "Sex and the City!"

Whirlygirl said...

DCD, your songs are on my ipod and I'll be belting them out on my way to work tomorrow. I took a quick 2 sec listen to Fairytale and I'm feelin it.

AC, love the new avatar!

miko564 said...

I dyin' over here guys!!!! I have the first song and have listened to the second song contenders at least 3 times a piece and can't decide. Who came up with this stupid ass idea anyway?

AC said...

thanks whirlygirl!

miko, post the first one now and give yourself till tomorrow to decide about the second one. maybe sleeping on it'll help?

Whirlygirl said...

I thought my avatar should be musical too. AC, you inspired me.

Whirlygirl said...

Miko, yours is very cool too!

Octopunk said...

OMG, I remember the ep in which Bubbles plays the drums. Some bad clown robs the world of all color and Bubbles says "I know!" and suddenly she's playing the drums, and the girls play a happy song and all the color comes back. I wish I could vote for the Power Puff Girls for president.

AC said...

great memory octo!

i may have mentioned this on the blog before but there is a techno version of the powerpuff girls theme song. catchy, but i won't make anyone listen to it.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

What in the holy hell is a "Backyardigan"?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...