Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fugly Monster Washes Ashore In Montauk


From geekology, Allegedly this is a picture of some unknown monster that washed ashore in Montauk, on the eastern tip of Long Island. Obviously it's fake, because 1. like a girlfriend that doesn't make me want to blow my eardrums out, monsters don't exist, and 2. whoever made it modeled the damn thing after Tokka from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (minus the shell). Anybody know what movie this is a viral for? After a little interweb spelunking my guess is a film adaptation of The Montauk Project. Apparently it centers around governmental time-travel experiments, but does feature some sort of alien monster coming to Earth. So, yeah, that's my guess -- which, I might add, is 120% correct. Because if it's not, I'll just edit the post and change it to be right. In case you haven't noticed folks, all your interweb are belong to me.

I'll update the story and let you know what's up when the truth is discovered.

5 comments:

Jordan said...

Oh my God! Cloverfield!

(The movie exaggerates the threat a little bit)

miko564 said...

Now that's funny!!

I think it looks like a cat in a advanced stage of decomp. (Thus the odd jaw)

miko564 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
miko564 said...

Ugh, don't you hate when you edit too late? I read the post and "Oh shit, an ‘a’ in front of advanced".

Do I delete and rewrite? Hope nobody would notice? "Shit, it's Jordan."

Write a long ass explanation trying to cover my lack of edumication? "Yeah, do that. They already know you're neurotic."

(Posted, with another mistake in it. Deleted. Retry.)

>sigh<

"I should have just deleted the first one and gone back to work."

Jordan said...

The one thing you musn't do is overthink it! But you knew that.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...