Saturday, July 26, 2008

Goodbye Teenager, Please Don't Come Back...



Ok, so having a teenage girl wandering around the house in short shorts, it turns out, is much more fun in theory than in practice.

On Sunday, we turn her back over to the parents that spoiled her into existence. After three weeks of hearing her describe "senior week" with her friends in Barcelona, and traveling around Europe with her private school tennis team while telling me that her parents weren't "really rich", I'm done. Hasta la vista baby.

Dear God hear my prayer...if my daughter ever speaks to me the way this chick talks to her parents on the phone, please forgive me when I put her through a wall.

Miko is traveling to New England yet again this week, and bringing the family. We ALL need a little vacation after 3 weeks in teenage land.

Tomorrow Miko is proposing a little "white trash fun" with the New England Horrorthon crew. Let me know if there is an evening during the week y'all might be available. (AC, Whirly, DCD, JPX, and any significant others who care to join)

5 comments:

AC said...

poor miko! fantasy spoiled, at least this time.

i love the idea of a new england horrorthon get-together, though i suspect my work schedule will be a problem. what is this "white trash fun" you speak of?

DKC said...

Oh my. It is a bummer when you have to deal with a kid whose parents you would like to strangle for their influence.

Early in the week is best for us as far as a get-together (like Tues or Wed.) Sounds like a great idea!

JPX said...

I feel your pain, miko. I don't treat children in my practice but once in a while 18 and 19-year old patients get referred my way. I never have much luck with them because (a) I can't relate to their problems; and (b) they fill me with murderous rage and I want to strangle them. Oh, and (c), they're all so dumb.

Whirlygirl said...

A New England Horrorthon get-together sounds like a great time. I probably have the most flexible schedule of everyone because I’m working less hours these days and not one class at the moment. I can meet up whenever it works best for everyone else.

Shall I rub in how great having all this free time is? I think I will. It’s magnificent, awesome, spectacular, amazing, unbelievably terrific…but, I only have it for one more month. Boo hoo.

...and I hate teenagers too, especially the snobby rich ones.

AC said...

revel in your free time, whirlygirl, and don't hesitate to rub it in. i for one am totally envious of your current light schedule.

if the new england horrorthonners do unite this week it'll be both cool and weird since the only person i know on this coast in "real life" is jpx.

i don't mind taking a stand as not hating teenagers, though i can't say i meet snobby rich ones very often.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...