Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cats 1 - Catfreeek 0


As most of you know I have a soft heart and adopted Merlin the kitty that was abandoned near our house this past summer. It's been a long hard road of training him not to get into our food, getting along with the other cats and accepting Pandora as the leader of the group but things are pretty harmonious these days.

So, how does this poor abandoned soul show his gratitude? By locking me out of the house.
I went onto the porch ironically, to get another bag of cat food when Merlin decided to climb on the chair and flip the latch locking me out. Luckily Zeke was still home and I was spared the humiliation of climbing through a window but still...

Where was the culprit? Well, as you can see he isn't bothered one iota by his actions.

8 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

That's so damn funny! I love how you were getting catfood when the lockout took place.

I got to meet Catfreeek's freaky cats last month and they were all cool. Pandora was definitely my favorite though - interesting colors and delightfully lazy and entitled disposition on that one.

AC said...

cats are too smart for their own good. awesome merlin story.

Catfreeek said...

Merlin should be proud that his actions this morning have given a lot of hearty belly laughs at my expense all day long.

JPX said...

The picture of you locked out made me laugh out loud!

HandsomeStan said...

Are you sure there isn't material here for Finish It Monday?

And Merlin's look says it all: "Yeah, I did it. Feed me anyway."

Catfreeek said...

He actually did it again last night to both me & Tony. I taped the latch so I thought we were safe but the little bastard pulled the tape off. I was smart enough to unlock the back door just in case so his evil plans were thwarted.

Catfreeek said...

Now I know how Fred Flinstone feels being locked out by that crazy cat every night.

Anonymous said...

That's absolutely hilarious. Can't believe that sweet little kitty you saved could be so evil!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...