Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yeah, I REALLY Didn't Want to Decide...


Yes, I wimped out. I did not like the idea of choosing between two of our submissions, so I just didn't decide. So there, I came up with the idea, didn't think it through when I went first, and felt unqualified to pick.
Though...it WAS my damn idea, so here we go.

AC led the way the whole day, when I first began to read it, I was surprised she stuck so close to the feel of my beginning, then she ended with one word..."Gretchen". Now I know we all write LOL and ROFL, etc, etc, but that word actually made me laugh out loud, alone in my house. It was perfect.

Then Whirly asked if there was a time limit to submissions, I said no...I was an idiot. I have read Whirly's submission a couple of times, and I'm STILL not sure I am getting it all. It's like a surrealist painting, I see some of it, but I am really "getting" it? It was great...fuck, now what?

So, in making this decision, I have decided to go the cheap and easy route. Whirly, I'm sorry, but your submission was made too late...AC wins the first "Finish It Monday". (Actually, the perfection of the ending put her over the top, but I don't feel qualified to pick, thus the "out".)

3 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Oh brave Miko, I'm glad you bucked up and made this difficult decision cause I still think this is a great idea.

AC~I laughed out loud too, several times. "Gretchen" was just that brilliant.

Catfreeek said...

I also loved Stan's & Dana's endings and Whirly, wow! Just amazing. I'm forever amazed at how much talent there is on this blog.

AC said...

thanks so much miko! i am totally honored and i thought all the entries were worthy. glad i made people laugh. now if you'll excuse me, i have to put my thinking cap on for today's contest!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...