Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Germans Will Look Up and Shout "WTF?" and I'll Whisper "LOL"


From toplessrobot, Were you desperately hoping that the Watchmen DVD would come in an odd package shaped like a flat version of Rorschach's head? Of course not. no one would want that. Alas, that's exactly what Watchmen-loving Germans will be getting if they order the Amazon exclusive Watchmen special edition in August. Yes, the head slides in half to reveal the DVD, and yes, the head is plastic. Clearly, Ozymandias's mechandising team is behind this madness.

Worse, although Germany will be getting this "special edition" of Watchmen, they won't be getting the director's cut -- Paramount has the rights to worldwide release of the theatrical cut while Warner Bros. has the extended version, and they either are waiting to release it or still figuring out how to split the future sales with Fox or something. Point is, sucks to be nerdy and German at the moment.

4 comments:

Octopunk said...

Man, I was reading this and thinking my comment would read "sucks to be German" and the article beat me to it.

I would say it sucks even more to be Swedish, because their dvd package is going to look like Dr. Manhattan's big blue cock.

(I know two people for whom Watchmen was ruined by the presence of big blue cock.)

JPX said...

When I finally watched the film I was actually surprised at how little Dr. Manhatan's member was shown. People made a big deal out of it but I didn't really even think about it. Loved the film.

AC said...

octo, were those two people upset because in the graphic novel dr. m had a discreet blue nub, or because they just don't ever want to see big blue cock?

Octopunk said...

It was more the latter, AC. I'm pretty sure one was a newbie to the story and one wasn't, but they had the same reaction.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...