Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Spielberg "Cracks Story" For Indiana Jones 5


From denofgeek, Work on the next Indiana Jones film is being geared up now that the story is in place, according to a certain Transformers star.
Published on Jun 16, 2009

In a recent interview with BBC journalist Lizo Mzimba, actor Shia LaBeouf revealed that work on the next Indiana Jones film has begun. LaBeouf played the part of Mutt Williams, Indy's son, in last year's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

When asked about the fifth film in the Indiana Jones franchise the Transformers actor said: "Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it, I think they're gearing that up"

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull performed stoutly at the box office last year being beaten only by The Dark Knight in worldwide receipts. In a recent report it was announced that Harrison Ford, the actor who plays the titular adventurer, was the highest paid actor last year receiving £43.3M for one film alone, easily beating off Tom Hanks, Will Smith and Johnny Depp.

At the moment, Spielberg has finished filming on Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn whilst he is in the midst of pre-production on Lincoln, a civil war drama looking at the sixteenth President of the United States. George Lucas is currently overseeing the production of Red Tails and the Star Wars live-action series. Meanwhile Harrison Ford is currently filming the comedy Morning Glory with nothing officially on his slate afterwards. This would leave 2012 as the most probable (not to mention earliest) date for the fifth outing for the archaeologist.

4 comments:

Octopunk said...

In retrospect I feel sort of lukewarm about Crystal Skull, but I still feel it's really important for Harrison Ford to be in this one (instead of being supplanted by Shia). If that torch-passing is really to take place, we'll probably get an awkward movie in which that clumsily, "officially" happens. (And not just with Shia picking up the hat.)

Grrr. I recently shelved my hatred of LaBeouf and even learned how to spell his name correctly. If I knew he was going to be the new face of Indy movies I might not have done so.

JPX said...

I really don't believe that LaBeouf is slated to take over the Indy role. Some of Crystal Skull didn't sit well with me but overall I enjoyed it for what it was. Heck, I even purchased it on DVD!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Watch your language JPX.

I don't have a problem with Shia LaBouef as much as I do with the name "Mutt Williams". Loved Crystal Skull the 1st time around but after the 2nd viewing I don't think I need to see it again for another decade or so.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Seriously though, "heck"? Heck is a word for children who haven't yet been informed about the glorious double hockey sticks.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...