Friday, June 12, 2009

GI JOE director fired?


From wwtdd, GI JOE may be one of the worst things ever filmed. The director has now been fired, and there’s this: “I have heard several really bad things about the film from a few informed sources. Common word is that it is a disaster for Paramount, and that a lot of unplanned post-production work was done … just to make the thing watchable.” Wait, are they claiming the director of the Mummy and Van Helsing made a bad movie? Because that seems very hard to believe.

6 comments:

Octopunk said...

Hey! Why does The Mummy get such a bad rap? I liked the first two of those (that should've been one of my guilty pleasures haikus).

No comment on Van Helsing.

Landshark said...

We saw a trailer for it recently and god I could tell it was going to be a stinking pile of crap.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Snake Eyes looks pretty cool in that picture though. How could it miss?

HandsomeStan said...

Things have been going downhill ever since Sgt. Slaughter came on board.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Octo your defense of the Mummy movies always baffled me. I think I need to check them out again. Perhaps I dismissed them simply because of Brendan Fraser. Time to add to my Netflix queue..

Landshark said...

Ha! You can never go wrong dismissing Brendan Fraser out of hand.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...