Sunday, November 14, 2010

Babysitter Wanted

(2008)***

I started watching this film and the beginning is so close to The House of the Devil that I actually paused the film and looked it up on IMDB to make sure it wasn't released under a different title. Had I waited a bit longer before pausing I would have realized it was not the same film. Angie is a college student who needs a little cash in a hurry so she responds to a babysitting ad posted on the campus bulletin board. She arrives at the remote old farmhouse and meets Sam, a cute little fella all duded up in cowboy clothes. All's well until a big bastard with a fucked up face breaks into the house. She finds herself fighting the fiend to protect Sam, but that's not the only threat. Something far worse is lurking in the dark and Angie's night of terror is just beginning. Riddled with buckets of gore(literally) and crazy folks, this unknown film was a pleasant surprise. Sorry for the short summary, I'm trying to finish my reviews while suffering from Horrorthon burnout. November is rough.

4 comments:

JPX said...

Wow, this really does sound like House of the Devil, and it sounds pretty damn good! Nice find. Was this a direct-to-video film?

Catfreeek said...

I'm not sure. It's not as good as HOTD but it's different also. It holds up in it's own rite.

Octopunk said...

That first picture is something.

I feel bad that I haven't been more active since my last review, it helps with burnout if there's a larger group.

Julie said...

It's never a good sign when a guy is wearing those safety goggles.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...