Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Death Note: The Last Name

(2006) ***1/2

The cat and mouse game between Light and L comes to a head at the end of this film. A good solid flick and a great ending to what began in the first film. I have not yet watched the third but if it's anything like the first two I'm sure it will be entertaining and intelligent.


I'm not bothering with a big synopsis, this film picks up exactly where the first ends. What I want to talk about is the character L and how difficult it must have been for the actor to play him. What an interesting guy L is, he eats constantly. Literally every scene this guy is in he is stuffing his face with junk food. Candy, pastries, chips, marshmallows and unidentifiable gooey things by the masses. This dude spend three full length films stuffing his face with that shit. Not to mention nearly every scene has him sitting in a squat position. Squatting for hours on end ramming sweets into his mouth, I'd love to see the outtakes from these films.

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Okay, I'm intrigued by L myself, but I'm obliged to hate him for cramming all that food in his face and remaining whisper thin.

This series sounds great.

DKC said...

Eating lots of junk and squatting seem like they might go together.

This really does sound intriguing. Great find, Cat!

Catfreeek said...

I think it's a cult thing in Japan, there is so much media available from this and the animated series.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...