Friday, November 19, 2010

Thirst (1979)

(1979) ***

I had three films titled Thirst on my watch list this year. This is the second, I didn't get to the third but 50P did and gave it a positive review so I'll watch it at some point. This strange and surprisingly unique take on vampirism was pretty entertaining.

"Plug it up Carrie!"

Kate Davis, finds out she is a direct descendant of Elizabeth Bathory, a renowned vampire, when she is abducted by a cult of self-righteous vamps. These arrogant vampires farm people for their blood going so far as to call them blood cows and they keep them at the dairy farm. They are pushing Kate to find her inner vamp and join them. She is resistant but they are persuasive in their methods making it near impossible for her not to give in to the desire.

Mmmmoo..moo

Hooked up to the milking machines

There is a particularly intense scene where Kate begins to break down and hallucinate. She's in a room alone and the walls begin to rip as she rolls along them trying to fight the desire for blood. Good stuff.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Man, the blood cows sure look like a tractable and well-behaved lot. Do we have a post-Manson vibe going on in this movie?

Props on viewing multiple flicks with the same title, that always appeals to the OCD in me.

JPX said...

It never ceases to amaze me that people are able to still come up with new takes on the vampire genre. I’ve had to admit to myself over the years that vampire stuff just doesn’t interest me. I’m just not as taken with the concept as others seem to be. I like the 1930s films but that’s about it. This sounds interesting though.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...