Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Lake Mungo


(2008) ***

As you all know I've had a huge chip on my shoulder with Afterdark Horrorfest this year. I have painfully trudged through all eight films and decided to save the one with the worst name for last. Well the joke was on me, it was actually one of the better films. Set up as a documentary type film, we learn about teenager Alice Palmer (funny how they chose the last name Palmer) and the strange circumstances surrounding her death. After some suspected ghostly images appear on film, Alice's family seek the help of a psychic to try and get some answers. What they discover is that Alice led a shocking double life (see what I mean about the name Palmer). As they uncover and resolve some mysteries, other unexplained discoveries appear along the way. Actually a pretty interesting film. It still doesn't redeem this series for me but glad I saved a good one for last. Oh and that crappy name is an actual place, a dried up lake in New South Wales, Australia.

8 comments:

JPX said...

This does sound good! It's too bad that you had to wade through so many bad ones before you found this one (always the last one!). I'll let you watch the next batch next year and yo can tell me which ones are worth my time ;)

Whirlygirl said...

I watched an after dark horrorfest film. It began promising but in the end made little sense. I think this might be my only experience with the after dark. Are they always pretty lame?

Trevor said...

The name almost ruined it for me too - "Mungo". When I heard that I was almost sure that this would be a film about hillbillies commiting rape and besitality by a lake somewhere.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I just snorted coffee up my nose when I read your comment Trevor.

Catfreeek said...

Hahaa!! Trevor!

DKC said...

One of the funniest comments ever, Trevor!

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
moncler jacket
adidas tubular
off white clothing
air max
michael kors outlet
retro jordans
yeezy boost
michael kors outlet
birkin bag

Unknown said...

Find Out More see here his explanation link see this website

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...