Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Sheep

(2006) ***1/2

Two young brothers are raised on a sheep farm in New Zealand. When their father dies in a sheep-related accident, however, Harry flees the farm and all it represents. Angus stays on, and decides that mother nature is insufficient for sheep breeding purposes. When Harry returns, battling his sheep phobia, he walks into a situation involving bumbling environmental activists and cold-hearted genetic engineers. The collision of these factions leads to the creation of a herd of vicious, carnivorous sheep.

The minute I read 50p's review of this movie I knew I had to see it. I love horror-comedy, and sheep are usually so fuzzy and benign and peaceful. I thought the movie worked well both as horror and as comedy: the effects were great, the plot perhaps a little predictable, the humor consistent. Another good pick if you're looking to mix it up next 'thon.

4 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Nice! I've been so impressed with your picks this year.

DKC said...

Seems like "Black Sheep" is this year's "Trick R Treat"! Which I find hilarious.

Octopunk said...

I like the term "sheep-related accident" and plan to use it whenever I can. Which probably won't be too often.

JPX said...

That's 3 positive reviews for this flick! I will definitely be watching this next year!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...