Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stepford Wives

(1975) *****

Something fishy is going on in the town of Stepford. Why you ask? Because all of the women have big boobs, love to cook and clean, and scream at the top of their lungs in bed that their husbands are the kings of all lovers.

I never tire of the Stepford Wives. It is a timeless film that I can just keep watching over and over. I love the story, the time period, and the acting (especially Katherine Ross), but most effective, is how it manages to be so creepy and unsettling without one drop of gore. We don’t see exactly what’s happening, but we know that something is, and it’s frightening.

If you haven’t seen the Stepford Wives (and I’m not talking about the lame remake with Nicole Kidman), then shame on you.

4 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I love this film also, they totally butchered it in the remake. They didn't capture any of the creepiness that original has. Great choice!

JPX said...

"all of the women have big boobs, love to cook and clean, and scream at the top of their lungs in bed that their husbands are the kings of all lovers." What's fishy about that?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Yeah, the original was a great mix of horror and satire. The remake completely ignored the horror side.

Octopunk said...

Never seen either! So shame on me, and good for me.

Consider my interest piqued.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...