Monday, January 03, 2011

Creature Double Feature!



Dagnabbit, I wish I had known about this website during Horrorthon! If you were a kid in the 70s and you lived in New England, you no doubt stumbled upon WLVI-TV Channel 56's Creature Double Feature on more than one occasion. Creature Double Feature featured back-to-back monster movies in a 3-hour block on a weekly basis. Before the era of VHS, DVD players, etc, this was one of the only ways to catch old horror flicks. I just discovered a terrific site covering every aspect of this old show including a list of every film ever shown with links to watch them - I'll be hitting this in October!

Check out the site here

4 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

AC said...

yes, i remember this... my dad and brother loved it but it wasn't my cup of tea back then.

Octopunk said...

You fool! I bet your cup of tea was, like, actual tea, served in tiny plastic cups to your stuffed unicorns.

This site is amazing. It's so nice to see how much CDF leaned towards the kaiju flicks, since those were always my favorite. I would be bummed when they phased through vampire and werewolf movies.

I'm so psyched to peruse this! There's at least one horror flick from childhood (the name of which I don't know) that is on that list. The game is afoot!

Griffin Hartter said...

I do art for the CDF site and I have to say I'm all over Horrorthon. I love it, I will be starting tonight.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...