Thursday, January 06, 2011

HHD Results!!! Does Anyone Actually Remember The Finale???



Well, Season 2 of the HHD franchise crossed the finish line with somewhat diminished ratings, but still retaining its small but vocal fanbase. Which has never happened before.



Rather than belabor a resolution that is already 2 months overdue, the winner of the Cliffhanger Edition of HHD is…Maggie Simpson. No, wait, it was all a dream. No, wait, it’s Prime Number One Suspect 50PageMCGee:

fitty's cliffhanger
30 days have come to pass
bun in the oven?

I think, at the time, that I let that one just cruise right by, and didn’t really think about the larger implications. We’ve all been there at one time or another, and this was just a remarkable Share within the confines of an innocuous day of haikus. Looking back, I’m just assuming everything turned out for the best, but I’m nevertheless dying to know.

In any event, I must apologize for being completely off-world since October; the timing and demands of the feature I was on completely eliminated any blog-related desires I had.

Plus, for every one of my 5 stillborn horror reviews still in my scrap book, somebody beat me to posting a better review of the same film, and I just didn’t have the time to go back to the drawing board. Waaaah waaaah, I know. I’m gonna have some cheese to go with my whine.

So, Fitty, I leave it up to you, or maybe the collective: does HHD get a 3rd season? I’m still a big fan, however the weekly topics (for me) grew more challenging each time I had to conjure one up, and there certainly seemed to be a waning of overall enthusiasm (but maybe I’m just imagining that).

What sayeth ye all? Perhaps a re-conceptualization? Instead of a weekly topic, a weekly single picture of a random person, place or thing? Perhaps a bi-weekly HHD? Limerick Tuesdays? Maybe Recipe Hump Day?

Anyway, I’ve missed you all. And I still think JPX & JSP’s Love Boat action figure review is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen.

9 comments:

Octopunk said...

I'd say congrats to 50, but he left me a message recently about liking my recent review and didn't actually leave a comment for some strange reason. In keeping with his methodology I'm tapping his congratulations in Morse code on my desk.

I say we definitely go with a season 3 of HHD. If we need change, we can evolve the critter as it drags itself along.

Catfreeek said...

50Peeeeeeeee? Hellooooooooo? Well congrats to you our wayward child wherever you may be.

I say we keep 'er goin' It's fun.

HandsomeStan said...

I just want to know if he's got a baby coming in 7 months or not. HUGE cliffhanger.

My suggestion is "Star Wars Hate Hump Day." I'm actively starting a boycott of anything related to the franchise. I can do a year's worth of angry haikus.

Octopunk said...

I got to go to Skywalker Ranch last month to see the premier of Robot Chicken Star Wars because I built a set for it out of Lego. I have actually personally contributed to the franchise now.

A post of my adventure is forthcoming. Will you lather it with hatred, Stan? Will you?

(I see your point, of course, but we're all conflicted about it, aren't we? That's why the fury is so intense.)

HandsomeStan said...

Yes. Conflict leads to Fear. Fear leads to Hate. Hate leads to the Dark Side. Poor Analogies lead to terrible Yoda Dialogue.

I noticed my frustration level rising over the last few months - there's just a saturation level that never existed, not even before 1999. There's just no opportunity to get away from any of the bullshit.

The Special Editions were like 3 hors d'ouevres that you've been starving yourself for, and waiting to eat for 12 hours. They didn't taste very good, but you knew that the banquet that was about to ensue would make up for it. Then it didn't.

Nowadays, it's like a constant stream of stale crackers and poorly-CGI'd cheese. Constantly. I'm no longer hungry, or have any appetite whatsoever.

But I can save this for a separate rage-filled post. Back to 50 and his victory!!!

(50...? 50...? Aunt Beru...?)

Octopunk said...

Yeah.

For me it's the goddamn battle droids. I had some cartoon on the dvr that aired right before Clone Wars, so I watched the scrap of CW that was there, and right away it was about all these battle droids walking around with that stupid, stupid walk and randomly firing guns. Suddenly I felt like everything bad about the prequels was contained in their silly, spindly forms, and I just couldn't believe I still have to contend with seeing the stupid fuckers.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Welcome back Stan!

I'm all for HHD Season III because it makes Wednesdays fun. And I like fun.

Also I'd like to officially join the Star Wars hate movement. (But I'm looking forward to hearing about Octo's Skywalker Ranch story.)

AC said...

rah rah hhd!
yes let's go for season three!
woohoo 50p!

HandsomeStan said...

"Roger roger."

(Why would you even PROGRAM a battle droid to speak? Valuable computational space being wasted on VERBAL, AUDIBLE communication. Between DROIDS. You would think they could text each other.

Not only that, at the beginning of Episode III, when the two Super Battle Droids (shudder at the name) are stalking R2, they speak in BROKEN English! "You am wait here" and other horeshit. I gotta go lie down...)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...