Thursday, January 06, 2011

Okay, okay, okay. Settle down, my sweet children.


i'm of course referring to all of you, and not to any Fitty-fertilized zygotes that may or may not be floating around in vivo somewhere.*

as Octo suggested, i've been reading articles but not posting any replies for some time. i intend for my next post to be my horrorthon roundup -- i left five movies unreviewed, but let me say for the record that Severance and the Herzog Nosferatu were both excellent.

if i'd remembered that i won the last HHD -- was that something that was actually decided at the time, or was it something Stan just came up with today? -- i'd have gotten back in the game long ago.

but since we're talking about it and the topic of new format has come up, i'm into the idea of moving from haiku to something else. i've got to admit, it's getting a little harder to come up with new topics, and this might help us refresh the possibilities. the allure of haiku is that it's easy -- very little investment of time, and the possibility of high output. writing limericks, for example, is more time intensive and lower yield, but with a higher hilarity ceiling. thoughts? should we list possibilities and call a vote?

anyway, expect my roundup within the next few days -- i'm calling myself out, so now i friggin *have* to write it. and if we can come to a consensus by next tuesday, i'll make sure there's a fabulous new hump day activity for us all to dive into.

happy new year, everyone.

*- there aren't any. i promise. but i definitely breathed a sigh of relief when a month passed and no "missed my period" phone call found its way to my inbox.

5 comments:

JPX said...

Well, well, well, look who it is! I was going to take the original Blair Witch "Missing" poster and substitute your face and Stan's face on it. Where the hell have you been? Welcome back!

I'm with 50p, I've grown weary of HHD and wouldn't mind another diversion. I'll go with whatever way you guys vote.

Catfreeek said...

I'm game for whatever as long as it's fun. Welcome back 50P.

AC said...

welcome back!

as long is there is some version of bloggy fun and games on wednesday, i'm fine with mixing up the format.

HandsomeStan said...

50, I hadn't even thought about a winner until about 30 minutes before that post, so you didn't miss anything (except maybe the egg - ZING!)

I'm up for a Hump Day Fun Corner melange of haiku, limerick, other poetry ("Roses are red, Violets are blue, Star Wars sucks, and Star Wars sucks"), perhaps even short paragraphs (incorporating something of the old Finish It Friday thingy).

I feel like there should still be a space limitation, i.e. an overall time restriction, so no one feels obligated to rewrite War and Peace (now with extra sarcasm! And zombies!). And there should still be at least one unifying idea, image or something or other that kicks the whole thing off.

From there, I think it might be better to NOT stick to a topic, and instead feed off of and inspire each other, and see where the whole thing ends up. The further "off-topic" the better. Some of the more entertaining haiku sub-threads did this...

In other words, as the old saying goes, Let your children run wild and free.

Whirlygirl said...

I have an idea, but no time to post it now.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...