Thursday, January 20, 2011

Orange Tuesday..uh..Wednesday Results

Though the day got off to a slow start (even with the extra day to ponder the topic) we still finished with a pretty impressive collection of prose. In the end we learned a lot about our fears.

Thanks to Octo who did a great job poetically rounding up the troops.
We found out 50P fears his property will soon be a sunken treasure.

JPX was tortured by a turtle.

while AC's killer kitty terrorized her.

Some fears we were already aware of, like Stan's fear of the dreaded green pants.

Johnny warned us about the back streets of Oakland.

While Mr. AC warned of flesh eating albino rats.

But I had to give the win to Whirly Girl for sharing another tale from her perplexing youth. I have no idea what "buzzer pants" are but I tell you I laughed myself to tears when I read this:

My sister wore "buzzer pants"
because she often wet our bed
She didn't fear anything
but that buzzer filled me with dread

I would hear it go off
yet she slept through it with glee
Meanwhile I knew that in seconds
I would be touched by her pee

Congratulations Whirly Girl, next Tues..er Wednesday is in your hands.

8 comments:

50PageMcGee said...

there are really underpants that buzz when you pee in them? does your sister have like a lifelong complex about things that make buzzing sounds?

does she get the urge to pee when her cell phone's on vibrate?

i ask hard hitting questions here at the 50P news network.

nice win, chief.

JPX said...

HAHAHA, buzzer pants! That's enough to give anyone a complex. That would be considered Clockwork Orange therapy. I bet you're the one who developed the complex over that buzzing sound. No wonder you hate my buzzing alarm clock! It all makes sense now. Nice win, WG, I look forward to seeing what you come up with next week.

AC said...

congratulations whirlygirl, and great fun all 'round!

Octopunk said...

Congrats Whirly! I too am intrigued by buzzer pants. Do they have them in my size?

Cat, I love that pic you posted to go with "rallying the troops." Can't tell if it's real or photoshopped. How did you find it?

Octopunk said...

Also, it looks like that bedwetter has no head.

Catfreeek said...

Octo~ I think I just googled Rally the troops.

DKC said...

Congrats, Whirly! When I finally caught up with the post - a lot of them made me laugh. Great work, everyone!

Whirlygirl said...

Thanks for making me the winner, Cat! I will try to plan something fun for you all next week.

Yes, buzzer pant are for real. I wouldn't be surprised if a buzzer pants fetish exists somewhere, so I'm sure all sizes are available, Octo. JPX, I was very frightened of you urinating on me during the night when I heard your alarm clock buzz.

I don't think my sister is bothered by buzzing sounds,but I'm never allowed to mention the words to her. I think she likes to pretend it never happened. It was just as traumatizing for me too. Every night I knew those buzzer
pants would go off and I also knew she wouldn't hear it. I would start shaking her and yelling that she was peeing. Then I would be wide awake and couldn't fall back to
sleep. The buzzer pants at least prevented me from waking up in a urine pond in the morning. The ridiculous thing is that I didn't have to deal with this, we had three unoccupied bedrooms in my house, but my sister forced me to bunk with her because she was scared of the dark, and my mother knocking on a window in the middle of the night (as mentioned in another poem) didn't help her frightened state.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...