Sunday, January 23, 2011

Seven Days

(2010)****

The young daughter of a surgeon is abducted, raped and murdered. The chief detective on the case informs the couple that they have caught the perpetrator and have a positive dna match. Feeling the prison system would not deal a fitting punishment, the surgeon abducts the murderer applying his own means of personal torture.

It's so easy to say, “I'd kill the bastard!” or “I'd torture that guy!” This film makes you really think about how extremely difficult it would be to actually carry out that punishment. To go against your own morals throwing all restraint to the wind and torture another human being. A very intense film that deals with raw human emotion. You see both sides of this emotional dilemma since the wife is in disagreement with her husband's actions. I can honestly say that I cannot recall ever watching a French Canadian film before unless I just mistook it for a regular French film. Anyway, they got this one right. I truly felt for this couple and the whole situation was disturbingly ugly. Oh and the FX in this film are sick.

6 comments:

Octopunk said...

Hmmm. Interesting. That's why it's good to have a wood chipper around; let the machine do the hard work.

Julie and I watched some French Canadian bit of intellectual hoo-ha called The Barbarian Invasions a few years ago. Not recommended.

JPX said...

This sounds interesting yet probably very difficult to sit through (see also Schindler's List, The Deer Hunter, Ordinary People, and Meet the Fockers).

Octopunk said...

Ha! Great capper to your list.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I would have no problem whatsoever torturing and killing someone who raped/mrudered a family member or loved one. Does he surgically removed his penis and stick it up his ass? 'Cuz that's what I'd do.

Whirlygirl said...

Sounds interesting. I'm going to watch this pronto.

Catfreeek said...

He does do some fancy surgery on him, I won't give more than that away.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...